Sunday, January 6, 2013

The New Year!


It has been a couple of months since I've blogged. And don't I hope that this year offers better health for our family than last. Glad to see it go in many ways! But I started this blog to not focus on stuff like that. So get going on a better topic says voice to me!




I've enjoyed painting this past year. I showed at our local Interlachen Art Fair. Here is one of my paintings inspired by our beautiful Oregon coast.








My little trailer, La Dee Dah, became a welcome diversion for me at the end of 2012. I've been prowling the web for ideas for the redo. I am pretty set on making rolled window coverings like in this photo. Hey aren't they cute and practical too!
Recent stops at the thrift shops and vintage malls along the coastal highway in Northern California and up the Oregon coast to Lincoln City have been fun. A new buy were four colorful plates made in England. Only $1 a piece! (I need to load the photo and will include it next blog entry.)



I did pass up a very fine set of red...jeez! how could I!!! vintage luggage. The set was in really great shape too...including the little cosmetic case. Now that was what I wanted. I really didn't want the other pieces until later. None were very large and could have been upcycled or sold separately. Check out the sweet case in the checkered fabric. Just super adorable! However, the store in Florence wouldn't sell just the train case. So I just thought, oh well and moved on without thinking of other possibilities. The whole grouping was a steal, people...$20.00. Oh what was I thinking! So now I started looking at all the great ideas for storage and decor for those cuties and I'm really kicking myself. They were in such great shape and didn't even need any work....just fun decorating. No air travel had touched those babies. Anyway kids, I did find a Starflyte train case at a vintage mall in Newport for $3.00. It is in good shape, but faded. So I will paint it and finish the inside with a cute fabric. There are some great tutorials on "how to" at the website darlingadventure.com
Take care and happy camping all!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! Winter is the perfect time to gather the glamp! I don't know if you use pinterest but you should check out my vintage trailer and vintage trailer ideas boards. I save lots of ideas there! Careful now it can become a whole other addiction!! Keep up your blogging! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to leave you my pinterest address. http://pinterest.com/klbkids/ By the way I love your painting. At one time I also did a few watercolor paintings. Who knows maybe again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments. I have been painting for two years and really enjoy it. I hope you return to it when you feel and have time for that creative pull. I started this blog mostly for myself and am happy to share with people who chance by. I do have a pinterest board too. It is LynneaJohnson my vintage trailer. I really enjoy the boards and just am so knocked out by the creativity of so many people. I find it very uplifting. So many are just so kind and helpful. I will definitely check your pinterest out. If you are located in the Pacific Northwest, I just found out that a group is meeting for the International Glamping Weekend at Stubb Stewart Park outside Portland, Oregon May 31-June 2. This will be my first group camping experience and I'm not sure what to expect. But I'm looking forward to having fun. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete