Saturday, May 25, 2013

Well people, look what I found...hee, hee!

A week ago I was prowling around my local Goodwill looking for the elusive vintage prom dress for the International Glamping Weekend Do. I'm not really sure why I think I'm going to find one at Goodwill, since they go for at least $100 or more at Etsy shops. I am the eternal optimist though.  Well, as I was saying.....poking around, foraging the racks, when something caught my eye...red...fluffy looking red! Hee hee..a brilliant red crinoline right there on the rack! Now I really never expected a 1950's crinoline....massively full. I snapped it up, of course. No more hunting, because the crinoline petticoat is just as good for my glamping outfit as a prom dress. I googled the name on the tag, Nita Smith. Apparently she formed the first company making rockabilly and square dancing attire in the 1950's. So mine is authentic too. I also picked up a cute denim jacket to top off the outfit. This is going to be a hoot!  I also think this may make me look as wide as La Dee Dah! I'm wearing my outfit to the Death by Chocolate Party. Maybe it will hide all the tasty things I may eat! I'll post a photo as soon as I get myself glammed up.
My petticoat...but not me in it, people!

1 comment:

  1. What a lucky find!! I would have snapped that up, too. I always keep an eye out for crinolines, but never see them! I've found other wonderful dresses, though. I do love thrift shop hunting!
    Enjoy your skirt and I can't wait to see pictures of you wearing it.
    Cheers,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete